Thursday, May 6, 2010

Healthy Recipe Even Spas Use

When my daughter was younger, I was a single mom and we cooked together. She was cooking by the age of 5. Sure came in handy when I wasn't feeling so well and she'd make me some soup. So now, as a teenager, sometimes she enjoys cooking, but not necessarily cleaning up her culinary preparations. Her epicurean tastes are improving and we don't always share similar delicacies; such as sushi or my cauliflower mashed potatoes with a secret ingredient. She's makes a good baked ziti though, even though I don't eat meat, I sampled some of it. She used to like my lasagna, not sure I make it so well any more.
Tonight we made Mock Mashed Potatoes with the help of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (lite). However, I used a new secret ingredient (parmesan cheese). We even made the ranch dressing from scratch, from their envelope with milk and mayonaise. It turned out very well, my husband had two helpings, but used more cheese.  Fresh dressing always tastes better. I didn't even need to add any other spices and we love garlic!
I found out about Hidden Valleys Mock Mashed Potatoes from TwitterMoms.com (http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-your-mock-mashed?utm_source=Twittermoms+Member+Newsletter&utm_campaign=f68db8e866-Elite_ServiceLive_Vlogger&utm_medium=email).
This post is part of a blogging contest from the TwitterMoms community. There is a chance this post could be selected to win a $25 AmEx Gift Card, so wish me luck! For more details, you can view the contest page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment