Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rosacea skin condition, How to treat it

Rosacea skin is characterized by redness, usually on the cheeks and chin. Rosacea can also have pimples, pustules and couperouse (broken blood vessels) in the area. There are several triggers for this type of skin condition which is bacteria, genes, too much sun, overexposure to heat and cold and even spicy food can cause a reaction.
Some treatments can include a topical anti-inflammatory. It is also worth noting that a scrub, or exfoliant with crushed shells is more harmful to your skin. Caffeine, feverfew, chamomile, green tea and bamboo all reduce rosy patches. For women, there are a few makeup products over-the-counter to reduce or minimize the redness from concealers to green-tinted powders.
Avoid scrubs and peels, as well as heat from (steam room and hot beverages). Harsh ingredients such as vitamin c and alpha hydroxy acids can also cause redness. These products can tear about the skin's outer shield, allowing harmful substances to get in.
People with rosacea skin can still enjoy a calming, soothing facial and receive a good skin care regimen to use at home.

8 comments:

  1. I love all the wonderful tips you have on skin care. Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This runs in families, too. My mom and I both have this. Mom's brother and her dad too. I've been doing all the wrong things to treat it. Thanks for the tips and for being part of my Valentine's blog chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife occasionally has Rosacea. Thanks for the post. I will tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially liked your tips about the green tea, chamomile, and feverfew. Do you apply these topically (as in placing the moist teabags on the skin), or does simply drinking them help reduce the redness? I'm also part of the Valentine's Blog Chain. -- Donna B. Russell, http://creativemusejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an adventure travel writer who cherishes the outdoors. It has taken a toll on my skin. Thank you for the tips.
    Please check out my articles. It looks like you could relate.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice. My only happens when it is really cold and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting tips for skin care. I'd never thought about Vitamin C as being associated with the skin until I read your post.

    I'd love more tips on how to keep skin healthy in winter - specifically, how to keep it from drying out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your helpful comments. I'm glad my articles can help people! I try to learn something new everyday in my field. School is never out for the professional!

    ReplyDelete